Energy management firms specialize in identifying energy savings strategies, including those that shave energy use during peak periods, when energy costs the most to generate. A peak demand strategy, or demand response program, is one under which a utility company offers a customer a reduced rate on energy usage in exchange for a reduction in consumption during peak hours.
Partnering with an Energy Management Firm for the purpose of implementing a peak demand strategy is beneficial on multiple fronts: it allows the business to reduce consumption and costs while also increasing the efficiency and reliability of the grid for others.
Challenge Participants Currently Adopting This Practice
- Boston Properties
- John Hancock/Manulife Financial
- Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Oxford Properties
Financing Options, Incentives, And Rebates
- U.S. Department of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Financial Incentives
Examples of Energy Management Firms in the Boston Area:
A Small Sample of Some Energy Management Providers in Boston
- Demand Management: Tame Your Peak Demand Charges
In The News
- “National Grid Rolls out Demand-Response Program” January 15, 2015