Dishwashers use a fixed amount of energy and water for every cycle and should therefore be filled to capacity each use, in order to be as energy-efficient as possible. Utilize all areas of the dishwasher and fill completely before starting wash, and you could save hundreds of gallons per year.
Running full dishwasher loads minimizes the number of wash cycles and saves energy, water, and dishwater detergent. All of these reductions contribute to lessening a business’s carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions.
Challenge Participants Currently Adopting This Practice
- Bella Luna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Community Servings
- Crittenton Women’s Union
- Epiphany School
- Foley Hoag LLP
- John Hancock
- Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- New England Aquarium
- Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP
- Putnam Investments
- Seaport Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel
Financing Options, Incentives, And Rebates
- Restaurant Supplies and Equipment Information
- etundra Restaurant Blog: Is Your Restaurant’s Commercial Dishwasher Energy Efficient?