ENERGY STAR-labeled and high efficiency restaurant equipment are designed and approved to use less water and energy than other equipment. Refrigerators, ice machines, fryers, and dishwashers are a few of the ENERGY STAR labeled appliances available.
ENERGY STAR-labeled products use less energy than conventional appliances and therefore cost less to operate, lowering utility bills and reducing demand on the energy grid. ENERGY STAR-labeled restaurant equipment typically uses about a third of the energy of conventional models without sacrificing features, style, or performance.
Read More about Energy Use and Energy Efficiency Opportunities in Restaurants.
Small Business Administration: Energy Savings Calculators
Challenge Participants Currently Adopting This Practice
Financing Options, Incentives, And Rebates
- ENERGY STAR Federal Tax Credits
- Massachusetts Municipal Commercial Industrial Incentive Program
- NSTAR – Business Solutions Program | Small Business Solutions Program
- National Grid Incentives for Existing and New or Major Renovations of Lighting and Control Systems
Boston Area Restaurants Using ENERGY STAR-Labeled or High Efficiency Equipment:
A Small Sample of Boston Area ENERGY STAR Equipment Providers:
In The News
- “Majority Rules: American Consumers Expect Restaurant’s Green Claims To Be Verified” PR Newswire, May 19, 2010
- “Eight steps to a more eco-friendly kitchen” The Washington Post, March 4, 2010
- “The greenest of them all” Boston Globe, December 3, 2008