A green livery service is a private transportation company (taxi, limousine, town car, etc.), whose fleet consists primarily or partially of alternative fuel, hybrid electric, or other “green” vehicles.
Using green livery services and their low-carbon emitting vehicles decreases air pollution and carbon emissions. Contracting with green livery services also supports local environmentally-minded businesses and encourages other transportation services to adopt green vehicle technologies.
Challenge Participants Currently Adopting This Practice
- Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance
- Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP
- Peabody Office Furniture
- Tsoi/Kobus & Associates
Financing Options, Incentives, And Rebates
Green or Environmentally Friendly Livery Services in Boston:
In The News
- “NY Cabs Are Getting Upgrades, Will Boston Follow?” Boston.com, January 2015
- “Hybrid Taxis give fuel economy a lift” Clean Cities, April 2009
- “Taxi Services in the United States and Abroad Go Green for Savings” Associated Content, March 2009
- “New York’s Green Taxi Incentives Approved” Environmental News Service, March 2009
- “Massport, Menino unveil green plans for airport traffic” Boston Business Journal, April 2007